30 May 2006
Because Cross-country moves aren’t stressful enough
* Thursday, I received a certified letter from the IRS containing a Notice of Deficiency which has to be cleared up in 90 days.
* The relo company — which has had my approximate schedule for some time now — now needs 3 weeks advance notice before having a surveyor come walk through the house and tell them how much it will cost to move us. Because it’s summer. Apparently, summer snuck up on them.
* The daughter just got back from the pediatrician. We took her for a weight check because she hasn’t gained any weight in the past 2 months! She’s fallen off the growth chart. If she stays off for another month, there will need to be blood work, and more. The pediatrician added “Krispy Kreme donuts” to her already unhelpful suggestions of feeding the baby cake and ice cream. Anyone know where we can get a whole grain cake without refined sugars?!? Seriously, suggestions for high-cal foods without refined sugars that someone without teeth can eat would be most welcome.
* Just to top it off, she apparently has an ear infection. So, now we have antibiotics for it along with the associated um change in the consistency and frequency of “dirties”.
* The roommate I’ll be staying with in CA apparently still hasn’t received my rent check because I got transposed digits in the zip code from the roommate who’s room I’m subletting. Here’s hoping she actually sent the key to my buddy out there, or I’ll be sleeping on his floor for far too long!
If only drinking myself into a stupor were actually a solution to some of this!