4 Mar 2006
Meme of Fours
I’ve been meme tagged, and I’m never sure what to do with those. I was just going to silently ignore it except when I told my wife that, she said, “Aww, I was looking forward to what you were going say.” So, now I’m doing it. Kinda.
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
1. “Boy” for an outdoors/watersport retailer
2. Country Music DJ — “This is Thirteen Ten on your AM dial, W – T – I – K, Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill — Now, back to NASCAR at Talladega with M. R. N., The Motor RACING Network!”
3. Safewalker. Yeah, I used to sit in the library and offer to walk women back to their dorms… And it wasn’t skeevy or anything!
4. I do some stuff with computers 😉
Four Movies I can watch over and over:
2. The Matrix
3. Star Wars — the whole trillogy. What? You say they made more than 3? You lie.
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Suburban Philadelphia
2. Charlottesville, VA
3. Durham, NC
4. Altoona, PA
Four TV Shows I love:
1. Firefly (duh)
2. Las Vegas
3. The Simpsons
4. Trading Spaces (or most of the redecorating knock-offs)
Four highly regarded and recommended TV shows I haven’t seen (much of):
* I’m not even going to try. I don’t stay on top of entertainment news to know what’s “highly regarded” and we don’t have cable or sattelite, so we watch all of our “TV” through netflix.
Four places I’ve vacationed:
1. The south of France (yeah, you want to be me, right about now!)
2. Cycle-touring Ireland (2x)
3. Emerald Isle, NC
4. Yeah, Disney World. Unh huh!
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Green Thai curry with chicken
2. Chicken calzone
4. Dirt cake. What? It’s not a main dish? Well, it could be. Please, can it be?
Four sites I visit daily:
Hmm. This is a toughie. There’s very little I visit daily (getting most of my blogs through an RSS reader). So, I guess this is more like “Four sites I visit frequently and feel like pimping here.
1. SamTrak (Well, someone’s gotta enter all that data!)
2. Google (I love the search bar built in to firefox, though I try to use a9 search at least enough to keep getting a little amazon.com discount.
3. ebay – What can I say, I’m always keeping an eye out for stuff around the house I can sell, and it’s a great place to get a deal
4. Flickr – OK, truthfully, I don’t visit flicker much at all, but I’m still impressed by a lot of the photography that shows up there. (And like blogs, I’m unimpressed by a lot as well.)
Places I’d rather be right now.
1. In a hammoc on thee desolate, white sandy beach of a tropical paradise with the rich blue water stretching out before me, and a pina colada in my hand
2. Galway, Ireland
3. New Zeland or Australia — I’d love to go visit ther sometime.
4. Cassis, France
Four new bloggers I’m tagging:
Do I seriously think that there are 4 people for whom all of the following is true? 1) they blog, 2) they read choicy white boy, and 3) they haven’t already done this meme? Let’s see:
4. In Between Dreams